Integron, a leading provider of managed services for the Internet of Things industry, is partnering with Stefanini to provide enterprise IoT and outsourcing solutions to the healthcare and pharmaceutical industries.
“The Internet of Things has enormous potential in the healthcare industry. For clinical trials, solutions have become more complex due to increased importance on security, geographical spread, and management of patient data, as well as increasing demands to make the clinical trial process more efficient and productive while reducing cost,” the company tells us.
Contract Research Organizations (CROs) are adopting technology and IoT-enabled devices to improve service offerings, however, as IoT adoption in the healthcare industry increases, so do the challenges. Complexities ranging from data security and privacy to connectivity, interoperability, and systems integration all are critical order to ensure IoT adoption throughout the healthcare chain.
Posted in Healthcare
MHW learned Tuesday that the team at Medpod has just announced MobileDoc — a compact medical office in a bag that stands to “dramatically advance telemedicine, reduce healthcare costs and provide greater access to care for Americans.”
In short, we’re told, it’s a comeback opportunity for the old-fashioned house call.
While telemedicine connections using video or Skype have been conducted before, this is the first time a remote connection between patient and physician has enabled the physician to receive and analyze diagnostic information from an array of professional medical devices in real-time.
Posted in Telemedicine
MHW learned Thursday that Cohero Health – a digital health company that is transforming respiratory disease management through smart mobile technology – has just named Joe Condurso as its new Chief Executive Officer.
According to a provided statement, Condurso will lead the next stage of Cohero’s growth and expansion.
Cohero has pioneered the integration of medical devices, mobile technology, and software to help people with respiratory ailments measure lung function, track medication usage, and connect with their doctor, empowering patients to better manage their conditions.
Posted in Healthcare, Technology
St. Joseph’s Villa (SJV) of Richmond, VA recently received the prestigious Telehealth Innovation Award from the Mid-Atlantic Telehealth Resource Center (MATRC).
We’re told that the award recipients were first announced early last week during the 2017 MATRC Telehealth Summit.
If you’re not familiar, the award is given to organizations that demonstrate an innovative application of telehealth and contribute to improved health outcomes and/or quality of life in the Mid-Atlantic region.
Posted in Healthcare
On Friday, mHealthWatch learned that iGambit Inc. has acquired the CyberCare Health Network Division from EncounterCare Solutions Inc. (ECSL).
Under the terms of the agreement iGambit, bought certain assets of EncounterCare. Payment was made in the form of IGMB stock.
“CyberCare will operate as a division of the recently acquired HubCentrix Company, whose new name is HealthDatix, Inc.,” a provided statement notes.
Posted in Healthcare
This week, at the Healthy Minds Health Campuses Summit in Vancouver, TELUS announced the donation of its new iOS mindfulness app, thinkFull.
The app in question, MHW has learned, is being donated to the Canadian Mental Health Association (CMHA) BC Division.
thinkFull is a “stress management app” aimed at improving the mental health of young adults by helping them monitor and develop coping strategies to manage stress levels.
Posted in Mobile App
Samsung Health is the new S Health. It’s packed with all of the features you know and love—track your steps, record your daily activities, get health tips, even challenge friends to fitness goals. Samsung Health adds several new features including telehealth, personalized insights, social capabilities, and a new UI. The service is designed to empower individuals to transform their health, showing trends for various activities, health insights and helpful feedback to create more engagement.
Samsung Health is your mobile one-stop shop for health and fitness
- Manage your personal health through goals and trackers: Samsung Health’s “Me” feature includes access to over 100 lifestyle, food and fitness trackers to track your progress. Samsung Health features integrated intelligence. “Health Insights” analyzes your activity and gives you the extra push you need to achieve your fitness goals.
- Connect with people who care: Samsung Health’s “Together” feature includes a steps leaderboard, which allows you to compare fitness goals with your friends and 1×1 challenges to compete against your friends.
- “Ask an Expert”: A service that makes it easy to connect, via video, to a board-certified doctor.
- Stay on top of health trends and news: Samsung Health’s “Discover” function features health-related content, updated daily, to help you stay in-the-know on all things health.
- Keep your personal info secure: Samsung Health utilizes encryption on Samsung devices to keep your data more safe and secure.
- Get Rewarded too: Samsung Rewards is coming to Samsung Health. Users will get rewarded for getting started with Health Insights and for registering for Ask an Expert.
Posted in mHealth, Press Release, Technology