Healthcare Ad Spending Continues To Be Effective

Healthcare Ad Spending Continues To Be Effective   pay per click digital advertising mHealth marketing healthcare marketing digital advertising Consumer privacy laws limit search engines from targeting consumers based on their health related searches. Since this is one of the most effective ways to launch a digital advertising campaign, it would seem as if this limitation would have a drastic impact on healthcare and pharmaceutical online and mobile ad spending. But that’s not entirely true.

While consumer targeting based on Internet searches is not allowed, there are many other ways to target individuals, especially when speaking of healthcare related products that are general, such as headache and pain relief products.

There is no doubt that the healthcare industry has had to get creative with their advertising, but they have done just that and will pump out $1.41 billion in online and mobile ad spending in 2014 alone. According to eMarketer, at least $373 million will be for mobile ad spending.

Brands and businesses from all aspects of healthcare and across the pharmaceutical space are investing in digital advertising, which includes hospitals, private practices, drug makers, OTC products, and insurance providers. The commitment to digital is so high that the average brand or business will invest 56% of their digital advertising budget in direct response campaigns and the remaining 44% on actual branding.

The most popular digital advertising formats within the healthcare and pharmaceutical world are pay-per-click, display advertising, video marketing, native advertising, and social media marketing.

One of the many things the healthcare and pharmaceutical industries have going for them is that the target audience is just about everyone. While there are undoubtedly products geared toward those with specific health concerns, healthcare is largely a general industry that relates to all in some way, shape, or form.

This post was written by:

- who has written 838 posts on mHealthWatch.


Contact the author