CDW Healthcare recently launched its 2017 Patient Engagement Perspectives Study.
This study builds on 2016 research to explore the drivers, challenges and influences for patient engagement – from the consumer/patient perspective and the provider perspective – as well as the evolving role that communication and technology – including portals and telemedicine – play in its expansion.
Key findings include:
- 71% of providers say improving patient engagement is a top priority at their organization – up from 60% in 2016
- Just 29% of patients would give their healthcare providers an “A” for their use of technology to interact with and engage patients
- 95% of patients have experienced benefits from engaging with their personal healthcare information online
- 98% of patients say they can access a patient portal – up from 60% in 2016
- Patients are becoming increasingly comfortable with using technology to interact with providers: 98% of patients feel comfortable communicating via an online patient portal; 83% are comfortable communicating via mobile apps; 77% are comfortable with text; and 75% are comfortable with online chat
Want to learn more? Check out the key findings sheet here.