Prostate gland related problems are some of the common conditions seen in men as they age. Some of the commonly seen prostate-related problems are Prostate cancer, Prostatitis, Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia (BPH), etc. The exact cause of many of these prostate-related diseases is still not known. Family history, smoking, etc. are in the risk groups for some of these prostate problems.
The prostate gland’s main function is to secrete a thick and white fluid, semen. Mostly, men above 40 years old experience these problems related to the prostate gland as it grows larger as you age. The enlargement of the gland is one of the reasons why it is prone to these diseases. Some of the factors related to it cannot be changed, such as your age, family history, etc.
But there are many ways to keep your prostate healthy naturally. So, if you want to have a healthy prostate, keep following some important and easy tips, and keep your body away from these diseases.
What is Prostate health?
Having a healthy prostate is good for your entire body. If your prostate gland does not have any of the diseases related to it, it can be called healthy. Maintaining and improving prostate health can be done by following some of the tips. A healthy lifestyle leads to better health, and it the key you should be taken care of at first. Maintaining a well-balanced diet and daily exercise is needed for it. Many of the symptoms of these diseases can be cured naturally by your effect. A diet transformation to a healthy one will be of really good use.
Better ways to enhance your prostate health
- The daily diet must constitute vegetables and fruits in the intake, making it healthier as they are rich in antioxidants, vitamins, fibers, etc. Including colorful fruits and vegetables makes it more nutritious as it contains a variety of phytochemicals. Tomatoes, grapefruit, watermelon, guava, etc. contains an antioxidant named lycopene. The body easily absorbs the lycopene in the cooked tomatoes, and it is mostly present in the bright red color. The cruciferous vegetables like cauliflower, broccoli, cabbage, kale, etc. contain many sulfurs. Including these in your diet will help give you a healthy prostate as they are really good.
- Consuming many legumes is good for your prostate as they contain magnesium, iron, potassium, fibers, etc. Soybeans are one among them that contains is of flavones and are helpful for your healthy prostate. Oats, barley, quinoa and brown rice that are unprocessed is a great choice for your prostate.
- Limiting the intake of dairy products and red meat is a good idea. Some studies have indicated that it is not good for the prostate. Even though it is not clear, taking precautions is always a better option. High calcium content foods must be avoided as it can have a bad effect on the prostate.
- Eating fatty fishes rich in omega-3 fats is healthier and can replace red meat in your diet. Mackerel, trout, salmon, herring, swordfish, etc. are some of them. The omega-3 fats are really good for our entire body and also keeps the prostate healthier.
- Drinking green tea is a good option as it contains antioxidants named catechin polyphenols, which play an important role in prostate health. It contains caffeine naturally and if you prefer to use decaffeinated, try using the one with carbon dioxide and water as it retains more catechins.
- Maintaining a healthy weight also have a good effect on your prostate. By including healthy vegetables, fruits, whole grains, etc., you will achieve a healthy weight that is good for your whole body.
- Regular exercise improves immune function, reduces stress, maintains a normal and healthy hormone level, and is good for improving and maintaining prostate health. The improvement of muscle strength and performance as a result of exercises helps you have a healthy body. It will decrease the stress and fatigue you feel and help improve your prostate gland problems.
Is exercise good for improving Prostate health?
Exercises are always good for your body to stay distressed and healthy. Enlargement of the prostate gland can be a reason for problems related to it. It grows larger as you age, the diseases related to it are prone at that time. Exercising on a schedule is less prone to these diseases. So, exercises are beneficial in all ways. It ensures to keep you active and healthy. Physical activities are always helpful for fighting diseases.
What is a Kegel exercise?
Kegel exercises are exercises that are done for strengthening and supporting your pelvic floor muscles. This exercise is also known as pelvic floor muscle exercise. The specific activity can be done before or after exhibiting the prostate-related problems. It will help to strengthen your prostate and will reduce the symptoms of the disease. After you are affected by these, it will strengthen the pelvic muscles and get a better urine flow.
Pelvic Floor Muscles
The pelvic floor constitutes a network of muscles that supports your bladder. It also helps in controlling the flow of your urine. The three pelvic muscles are the bladder, the sphincter muscles, and the pelvic floor muscles. The bladder muscles help to hold the urine in the bladder. The sphincter muscles help in the opening and closing of the urethra for the passage of urine. The pelvic floor muscles help support the rectum and bladder and help control urine flow.
An effective method to perform Kegel exercise
Kegel exercises are simple and easy to do, and it does not have any equipment.
- The first thing to do is to find your pelvic floor muscles. For that, as you are a beginner, find a comfortable place to do the exercise. Stand in your urinating position and then try to stop and start your urine flow. Do these two or three times. The muscles that you used for stopping the urine flow are the pelvic floor muscles.
- After finding the pelvic floor, muscles tightly hold it for five seconds.
- Then leave them and relax.
A type of one Kegel exercise requires to practice to do 10-15 exercises three or four times a day.
Benefits of doing Kegel exercises
- The urinary leakage you had will be reduced.
- There will be longer intervals between your visits to the bathroom.
- You will get the ability to do more repetitions than expected.
- Practicing Kegel exercises on schedule helps control your bladder and give strength to your pelvic floor muscles.
- The innerwear you are wearing will also stay dry for a long time.
Practicing this exercise also improves your sexual performance.
Precautions that must be taken while doing Kegel exercise
- Do not overdo the exercises as it can make your muscles weaker, and that would not perform its function.
- Increasing the frequency greatly while doing the exercise will not tight your muscles but will increase urine leakage.
- It will take some months to get a better result. Be patient and wait for it, and do not expect it to get within a week.
- Sometimes, the incontinence you experience in the fecal or urinary discharge may continue if you stop doing these exercises.
- If you feel pain while doing Kegel exercises, stop doing it because you are not doing it correctly. If you continue to do it in that painful manner, it will badly affect your pelvic floor muscles.
Exercises will help you to maintain a healthy mind and body. Maintaining a healthy prostate is good for avoiding the problems related to it. You can achieve it by following some diet tips that include many healthy vegetables, fruits, whole grains, etc. Kegel exercises, which are for gaining more support and strength for the pelvic floor muscles, help maintain a healthy prostate.
You must know to do the exercise correctly and accurately, or else it may affect you badly. The effect of these exercises will be visible to you only after certain months. So, be patient and wait for the result. Overdoing these exercises would not help you show the results faster but may damage the pelvic region’s muscles and lose its ability to perform its function.