Being in love is the most beautiful feeling ever, isn’t it? That moment when you feel like your heart is beating for another, there’s a hurricane of emotions that your experience. And this is not just with respect to feelings related to your heart and mind. There’s more to it. Having another person to share all your good and bad times is purely a blessing! You will never feel alone anymore. You will never feel depressed or anymore. You will never want to hide behind the curtains and not open up. Life is beautiful when you’re in love—it is as simple as that.
But there’s more to it, isn’t it? There are many aspects of love, out of which the physical aspect is also a very important one. The feeling of love raises the levels of our hormones, there’s a feeling of a physical pleasure that comes attached with it—this makes us want to make love, get intimate, and have a good sex life. Having a good physical relationship with your partner is vital for a healthy relationship. The physical involvement raises the bar of your relationship a notch higher. The connection between the couple strengthens because of this. The pleasure, the pain, each bit of it all is purely surreal. Now, what happens when trouble starts brewing in this paradise of love? What if the physical aspect of love takes a beating because you couldn’t hold it enough? What if she just isn’t satisfied with you? We understand that if that happens then you will feel like you’re walking right under a rain of helplessness. You see, you don’t have to blame yourself for the trouble you face while making love as there could plenty of reasons behind it. The technical term for this trouble is called erectile dysfunction. Now that you know what it’s called, let’s read and understand more about it.
What Is Erectile Dysfunction?
So, erectile dysfunction is the problem men face when they are not able to either maintain or produce an erection long enough to complete sexual intercourse with their partner. If one is having a problem occasionally in keeping the erection firm, that can be ignored. However, if one is having this issue as an ongoing one every single time, then it is a cause of concern and worry. Because facing this problem frequently will take a toll on healthy sex life, it will lead to displeasure and will begin to affect the relationship with your partner as well. There can be reasons for the problem of erectile dysfunction to the surface, it could be a result of some stress that you must be going through in life. It could be due to some underlying health conditions as well. Whatever might be the reason, if you notice that you are facing this erectile dysfunction problem time and again, we highly recommend that you see a doctor and get proper treatment for it as erectile dysfunction could also lead to heart problems as well.
Symptoms of Erectile Dysfunction
Persistency in the below-mentioned symptoms could be a cause of an erectile dysfunction problem:
- A reduction in the desire to have sex
- Having trouble in getting a good and firm erection
- Having trouble in keeping the erection firm
When Should You Consider Seeing A Doctor?
When you have any kind of erectile problems, always consider seeing a family doctor first. So, go see a doctor if:
- See a doctor if you are facing frequent problems with erection. Or if you are facing the problem of premature ejaculation too many times.
- If you have any heart problem of the problem of diabetes or any such similar heart disease that could be linked to the problem of erectile dysfunction.
- If you face any other strong symptoms along with the problem of erectile dysfunction.
What Causes An Erectile Dysfunction?
You see, the arousal of sexual desire in a man is considered to be pretty complicated. It involves the use of emotions, brain, hormones, nerves, muscles, and even blood vessels. And the problem of erectile dysfunction can sprout if there’s an issue with any of these. Also, facing a lot of stress or fighting mental health battles can also cause or even worsen erectile dysfunction.
At times, it’s a matter of both psychological and physical issues that can lead to erectile dysfunction. For example, a small physical condition that affects the sexual response of the body can cause anxiety and this would lead to erectile dysfunction in the long run.
Physical Causes That Lead To Erectile Dysfunction
In most cases, the problem of erectile dysfunction is caused mainly because of certain physical issues. Some of them are:
- Heart disease
- Clogging of blood vessels
- High cholesterol
- High blood pressure
- Parkinson’s disease
- Tobacco usage
- Metabolic syndrome—It is a condition that involves high blood pressure. Body fat, and high insulin levels that are found around the waist along with high blood cholesterol.
- Multiple sclerosis
- Some of the prescription medicines
- Sleeping disorders
- Low levels of testosterone
- Treatments for enlarged prostate and prostate cancer
- Injuries or surgeries that impact the spinal cord or pelvic areas
- Any kind of substance abuse
Psychological Reasons Behind Erectile Dysfunction
It is the brain that triggers a series of events that will lead to a firm erection in men. It is the sexual feelings of intimacy and excitement that are very important here. Now, there are plenty of things that could interfere during this process such as:
- Anxiety, depression, and other such mental health issues
- Relationship problems
Prevalence Of Erectile Dysfunction
Experts claim that the problem of erectile dysfunction is way too common these days and that it affects almost one-third of men these days. The problem of ED surfaces depending on age as well. ED is considered to be one of the most common types of sexual dysfunctions in men as well. Lifestyle practices are also a cause of ED in young men these days. It’s always best to consult a doctor if you face frequent problems with erection.
Prevention Of Erectile Dysfunction
The only way for us to prevent erectile dysfunction is by making healthy choices in life and taking care of ourselves if we already have any health conditions. For example:
- If you have diabetes, heart problems, or any such chronic health conditions, work with your doctor and find a way out.
- Visit your doctor and regular health screenings done. Be up to date with all of your health problems.
- Stop smoking, consider limiting, or even avoiding drinking alcohol. And say goodbye to any illegal drugs.
- Stay fit by being active and exercising regularly
- If you suffer from hypertension and figure out ways to reduce stress and learn methods to deal with the same.
- If you are suffering from anxiety, depression, or any such mental health condition—take help immediately!
Erectile dysfunction is a very common condition among men. It isn’t a life-threatening problem, however, asking for a doctor’s help or Bluechew Chewable Pill is always a good idea so that you continue to enjoy your love life with your partner hassle-free.
Related Read: Yoga Poses To Prevent Erectile Dysfunction